Thursday, October 25, 2012

Today's Grateful Moment...


Today I was driving down our main street here in Henderson. As I was sitting at a red light, I noticed a woman walking across the street with a small bag of groceries. The bag broke open and out rolled an apple, and a couple of cans.

The driver in the car next to me went through the red light and pulled over to the side. Running out into the middle of the… mind you busy work-day traffic, put her hand up to alert everyone to just wait.

She assisted the lady over to the other side and then went back out to the middle of the street. The light turned green as she gathered up the groceries. Nobody moved, no one was bothered or seemed inconvenienced as this young girl, maybe 19? 20? walked back across to the woman with her groceries held close to her chest.

I am so grateful to have witnessed such a moment.
It’s a wonderful life, filled with lots of beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment